Painting Experience with Cornish Artist Toby Ray
Join Toby in an outdoor coastal painting experience and learn how he captures the beauty and drama of the North Cornwall coast via the medium of oil paint.
British contemporary artist Toby Ray creates heart-stirring works of art depicting the seascapes of his dreams. In this unique artist painting experience, you will work closely alongside Toby and become inspired by his techniques and creativity to create your very own masterpiece. Learn about composition and colour, explore your own artistic style and ask Toby those questions you always wanted to ask to help you start on your own journey into painting.
Whether for yourself or as a thoughtful gift for a budding painter, this artist experience is a wonderful way to explore the beauty of nature whilst tapping into your creative side. Art has an incredible way of connecting us to the world and allowing us to express ourselves. Because of these feel-good effects, art is a powerful tool for self-care and mindfulness. What better way to spend an hour than getting close to nature and learning a new skill?
The Finer Details
- You can choose a 1 hour. 1.5 hour or 2 hour session. Anything longer than 2 hours will need to be confirmed with me via email before booking
- Each session includes all of the materials and equipment required to create your own painting, all you have to do is turn up!
- This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year
- We will work with oils and/or acrylics on canvas
- You can take your painting home with you afterwards as a treasured keepsake of this unique experience
- The outdoor painting experience will be at either Porthcothan Bay or Treyarnon Bay, unless you specify a particular beach you would like to paint (in which case extra costs may be incurred for travel)
- Once you have booked your artist experience, I will email you so that we can arrange a mutually suitable date. I ask that you are flexible in case of bad weather! In case of inclement weather, we can reschedule. If the weather looks unsuitable, I will notify you of bad weather forecasts at least 48 hours before your booked experience, and I ask that you do the same if you need to cancel for any reason
- The experience is suitable for any age from 11yrs up!
- If you are in a wheelchair or unstable on your feet, please let me know at the time of booking so that I can make the necessary accessibility arrangements
- This is a private art session where you will receive one to one tuition from Toby Ray. There will be no other participants in the class with you (unless agreed at time of booking)
- Wear old clothes that you don't mind getting paint on! An apron/overall is also a good idea if you have one (but not essential)
- If this experience is a gift for someone else, please notify me at the time of booking and I can provide a digital gift certificate for you